Thursday, May 15, 2014

"From Rebellious to Reconciled"

“The God of Heavens Armies” no longer sees me as rebellious, but as reconciled. 

In the Old Testament, the Lord, the God of Heavens Armies, is often seen giving warnings to His people for their continuous rebellion against their creator – the one true God. Even in His harsh warnings to these incredibly sinful people of His, He still speaks of His love for them and His insatiable desire to show mercy toward them if they will return to Him. Though there were some godly men and women along the way, none of whom were perfect by any means, the majority continued in their rebellion against God. So, the God of Heaven’s Armies (one of my favorite names of God), who could wipe us all out in one fatal swoop, saw fit to come down from heaven to us instead. He knew we would continue in our rebellion, in and of ourselves, so He did the perfect living for us and died the death we deserve as a result of our sin. In fact, it PLEASED Him to do so according to Colossians 1:19. The one true God doesn't require us to live in perfect obedience and work our way to Him – Praise God! 




"Through Him (Christ), God reconciled everything to Himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ's blood on the cross." Col. 1:20

"This includes you (us) who were once far away from God. You were God's enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now He has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault." Col. 1:21-22

In light of this truth, I can now stand on the reality that the God of Heaven's Armies sees me not as rebellious, but as reconciled to Him and made righteous by His blood. I am called by a new name. I am bought with a price. I am a child of the one true King. 

I refuse to live my life feeling unworthy or not good enough. I never was good enough and never will be; that's why He came! He so desired a relationship with His people that our sin wasn't enough to keep Him away. He came in the form of Jesus and dwelt among us – sinners, perverts, rebels, ENEMIES – all to make us instead, sons, daughters, purchased, washed, redeemed, forgiven, heirs…

And He doesn't stop there! The God of Heaven's Armies is WITH us beyond that, even. He will continue to draw us closer, shape our souls, and it is my prayer that He will fill me up in order to use me up for His glory and His kingdom. My life has been bought. It's no longer my own and never really was to begin with. I know my purpose. I know my reason for living. I know I will STILL never be good enough. But, God can use even me for His glory when I cling to Him, stand on His word, and empty myself in order to be filled with Him. 

"I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side"
-Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment